12.18.2012

Penny Pincher

We've lived here for 1 1/2 years now and I couldn't tell you where the nearest post office is.. I've never been!  This is quite the feat if you realize how much I practically lived there while in Michigan.  To say the postal workers knew me by name is no exaggeration, I was there EVERY day, at least once to drop off a slew of "Bailey's Blossoms" packages, etc.  Well, call me a penny pincher, a scrooge, or whatever else suits your fancy.. or earn BFF status by telling me how e-cards are all the rage right now! ;)  Delivered cards will ALWAYS be more fun to receive (of course!), but until we return to a country where we don't have to buy hundreds of international stamps, this is sadly the best I can offer.  I hope this finds everyone well and Merry!  Christmas is in a week folks!!!  I hope everyone has a great one and takes the time to stop and contemplate on all of the ways we've been blessed throughout this past year. :) 

Prior to leaving the beach house over Thanksgiving weekend, we took the opportunity to set up the handy dandy tripod and snap some family photos for 2012 :).
This is my favorite shot that we got of the fam from our tripod session.  Thanks tripod, you rock!
Of course I had to get the individual shots as well of the kids :).  Here is Princess P, our 2 1/2 year old queen of the house:
Sir L, our 4 year old whirlwind, needed a little recruitment help from dad to start his face time :)
Such a ham!
Here's Mr H, our little ladies man, at 5 years old:
And Miss B, our 6 1/2 year old mommy's helper:
Me and my girls :)
And my amazingly good looking boys ;)
The hubster and I wanted a shot of the two of us.. Princess P wasn't too keen on that idea.
..so I recruited her big sister to distract her for a few seconds ;)  Thanks B!
Nothing says "distraction" like a little bird chasing fun!
 
And one of those classic, must-have beach shots :)
"MOM!  A crab just got me with his pincher's on my toe!!!" Lol.  Good times.
They really cooperated VERY well!  After all the pictures were taken, I held good on my promise for a breakfast picnic on the beach before we headed back home..
FREEDOM!!!
 
Merry Christmas everyone from our crazy family to yours! ;)

12 comments:

  1. Brandon, Erin and family Merry Christmas love all the pictures a professional photographer could not have done a better job!!!!! Love and miss you all!!! Love dad andEvelyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ev! We miss you guys too! I'm sure a professional could have done a much better job, but for the price I am perfectly happy! Hence the title right?! Lol :)

      Delete
  2. Merry Christmas Erin & Co! Wishing you a wonderful Christmas and peace from "complimentary pregnancy" comments as you approach the finish line. Sending your family expat love via Utah, Maike & Co.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol thank you! And enjoy that cold weather.. Better yet, send some here! My swollen feet would thank you! ;)

      Delete
  3. Oh yeah... I don't know where a post office is near my home in Morumbi either. I once sent our driver to mail a ONE PAGE document to the USA. Cost: R$9! This year I bit the bullet and sent Christmas cards. Cost to send one 5x7 heavy card stock card from the USA to Brazil: Approx. US$1.50. GO FIGURE!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously! I was turned onto card companies that'll print and mail them for you, but I write a poem every year and just couldn't let go of that! OCD I know..

      Delete
  4. Erin, Merry Christmas to your and your beautiful family. Your pictures are beautiful as always. All the best for 2012. Eileen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen! Merry Christmas to you and yours as well! :)

      Delete
  5. So good to hear from you!! You have a beautiful family!! Hearing of your adventures makes us homesick for Brazil!! :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wooow ! Gorgeous ! You have a beatiful family ! I love all the pic !
    Have a Merry Christmas and a wonderful 2013 !
    Gabriela Quiroga & Family

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you do much!!! Merry Christmas to you as well ;). Bjs!

      Delete
  7. GREAT job on the poem AND the pictures!! I printed out a nice collage. :0)
    MERRY CHRISTMAS to you all. SO EXCITED to see you in a couple of weeks! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete