9.12.2008

Load of Crap

Excuse my terminology, but in this case I find it quite appropriate... Children are to be treasured, adored and even emulated: "become even as a little child" as suggested in the scriptures. Well, I am guessing that what happened this morning is an exception to that prophecy...

Friday is my mass-cleaning day (after the traffic of preschool, my own two children, husband, and happy-to-shed-EVERYWHERE dog, it is a necessity to break a sweat towards the end of the week so I can "relax" on the 7th day!:) ...So I banished the kids and dog to the backyard early this morning after breakfast (while it isn't too hot), so I could go to town on our disaster of a kitchen while they are still in eyes view. OBVIOUSLY, watching them through a glass door isn't as effective as I had originally thought! No sooner had I started mopping the floor when I hear Hunter shrieking with delight.. the high pitched excited squeal we hear when he is so excited about something that it's bound to be a "no-no". Well, it didn't take more than half a second for me to realize I forgot a MAJOR household rule when letting the kids (especially Hunter) outside to play... I had neglected to pick up our rather large breed dogs' "piles" and now Hunter was doing the job for me!

"Holy Crap!" (no pun intended)... I ended up doing a lot more "cleaning" this morning than anticipated as I stripped my poop-smeared son in the bathtub and dumped at least 1/2 a gallon of soap all over his reeking body! Not to get graphic or anything, but it's been a while since I've cut his nails (another on my never ending "to do list"), you can only imagine how FUN it is to pick that out from each finger.. it's the closest I've been to puking throughout this entire pregnancy! :P Sadly, this wasn't Hunter's first escaped with the nasty... a few months back, Bailey forgot to flush and he was all too happy to inhale that fistful as well. GAG!

In short, fellow moms... I NEVER want to hear any of you complain because your child enjoys eating play dough, paper or even the occasional insect, booger or toenail... remember this, it could be a LOT worse!!!

4 comments:

  1. Oh that is so gross I really feel for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. EW! I was feeling baby hungry this past week... not anymore! :) You are such a good mother Erin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so gross I am so sorry you had to clean that up being pregnant... Awful! Logan is going through a stage where anytime he poops in his diaper he takes it off which usually provides a nice mess! It is beyond gross and requires lots of cleaning and clorox! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOLOLOLOLO
    Oh,I do feel for you having been a mom myself and dealing with those GROSS things!But as the Grammy it made me laugh out loud!! You just never know what your day is going to be like when you have sweet children ;) I do have to second the gross comment and we do know you are a good mommy! I loved Bailey's inside the body suit! I would love to know where you got it! We sure love you!

    ReplyDelete