8.03.2009

What was I thinking??

It has only taken me 2 months to adjust to "Eastern Time" out her in Michigan! I swear it is light here until 10pm which makes it hard to get on any normal schedule (in AZ there is no daylight savings, so it is dark by 7 or 8 in the summer)! Alas, the lack of sleep from all of our projects (and the fact that we just returned home from camping on Saturday) caught up with me! Brandon graciously took the kids as I CRASHED at 6pm "last night".. it is now a quarter to 2 in the morning and guess who is WIDE awake?? Oh yeah...:P On the bright side, this is the fast track to getting prepared for early morning seminary to start! Though I thought a better plan of preparation was getting as much sleep as possible and enjoying my last month of "sleeping in" until 6:30 or 7:00am, NOT waking up at 2 in the morning!!! Oh well, I guess I have time and energy to update on what we've been up to lately...

Hunter turned TWO on Saturday! We were camping with some friends and headed home just in time for a little family celebration (and by family, I mean Brandon, myself and the kiddos!). It was a fun weekend! I even got sucked into a spur of the moment 10k (which I biked because I am so NOT in the best shape of my life right now!).. my racing buddy, a gal's daughter from my ward, and I came in 3rd and 4th overall which was fun and goes to show how competitive the event was not! Accept for Mary Mercado who kicked my tail - I saw the competitive side of that sweet woman and her husband.. don't mess! ;)

Aside from this weekend, we've been living it up catching bugs in the backyard, visiting fudge shops in Frankenmuth, Brunner's - the largest Christmas Store in the world (Bailey even found a "Bleu" ornament), and of course, the lakes while we can! BEAUTIFUL doesn't even begin to describe them! We all know the phrase, "a picture is worth a thousand words".. well, "read" away! :) ...

No comments:

Post a Comment