1.24.2010

Let me explain...

Before anyone judges me, yes I know I should be in church right now... but sometimes the call of motherhood throws an obstacle in our way! Poor Landon has been battling an eye cold for a little over a week now. He's finally good enough to where I don't think people would have avoided us like the plague in our meetings today (I stayed home with him last Sunday). But upon arrival from mine and Brandon's night out last night, we were greeted by a puking Hunter. :( Granted, I am not a puker (I've only experienced the phenomenon twice in my entire life span thus far.. including pregnancies), and I've been very lucky that my kids have had "tough" stomachs as well. Being spoiled has it's ups I'll admit, but it does throw you for a loop when something normal to the rest of the world shows up on your doorstep! So alas, I am home again (Brandon teaches the deacons so we can't alternate this responsibility!) with my two sad boys who are for the moment "resting" if not sleeping. :)

Spare moments are hard to come by these days, so I figured I'd better seize the opportunity to redeem myself as a mother and post about the festivities of the month... what festivities you ask? Why Bailey's 4th birthday of course!!! ...I know, I can't believe it either! :(

The day began with breakfast in bed (of course!). During which Brandon revealed the dollhouse he had put together for her the night before - the two of us are pathetic like that.. NO patience! Then Bailey chose McDonald's (another no-brainer) for her birthday lunch with mommy. :) I tried to talk her out of chicken nuggets in her happy meal since she also chose chicken nuggets for her birthday dinner, but she didn't mind having them two meals in a row! :P That evening we celebrated some more when Brandon got home from work.

Think we were partied out yet? NO WAY!!! My mom came into town at Midnight on Thursday to be here for her birthday party with her little friends on Saturday! "Dora" was all the rage this year, and she was plenty spoiled as usual! As always, a GREAT dragged-out-as-long-as-humanly-possible birthday celebration at the Hooley home! :) Happy Birthday Bailey!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment