2.27.2010

Changes Made

For the past 3 years, "Little Tykes Preschool" has been a major love in my life! It started in Arizona, and migrated with us to Michigan... Unfortunately, the economy in Michigan has forced the larger majority of families to have two working parents, putting them in need of full-time childcare, which I do not provide.

A little over a year ago, I started an online business selling boutique hair accessories, "Bailey's Blossoms" - another love of mine! As I have had a very hard time filling my class for this coming preschool year, I have tried harder to expand www.baileysblossoms.com to help compensate for my financial losses. These past few months it has really started to pick up, and I have enjoyed every moment! However, between teaching early morning seminary, preschool, my website, being a full-time mom to 3 (soon-to-be 4) young children, a wife, a housekeeper, cook, chauffeur, etc., my time has been spread pretty thin. I realized that I am doing a lot of things mediocre, and not much "great".

After much consideration, Brandon and I have decided that it is time for me to close my preschool doors for a time after the finish of this year. I LOVE teaching preschool, and this has been a very emotional decision for me, but I realize now that I care more about my children thinking I'm "super mom", than anyone else! ;) So, I look forward to spending more quality time with them (and making hair accessories when they're asleep!). Alas, this is not goodbye forever to Little Tykes Preschool, but rather a recess until a better, more plausible time. :)

6 comments:

  1. I know this was a hard decision for you and I know that you'll be blessed for making the right choice for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes the short term sacrifices we are asked to make, are for the better long term results.... I know that your decison to "shut the doors" was received after your in prayer in regards to it, so therefore I al;so know that it is the one that you need to follow. Good for you and Brandon for having the courage and faith to do so. :O) Love to you and yours always, Aunt Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure this was a very difficult decision for you and Brandon. Soon you will have one more baby girl to help fill the void!! Can't wait to see you all soon. Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still remember all the fun times letting the kids roam through the preschool room in surprise. It was so fun. I need to have a girl sometime so I can get some cute hair accesories from you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe how much you are able to accomplish! Between seminary (I don't how how do that...!), 3.5 kids of your own, taking care of a hard working husband, and starting/building bailey's blossoms! WOW! It's sad that you had to give up teaching preschool, but I'm sure it won't be the last time you teach pre-school and you're gonna be (and always have been) a super mom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hard descisions. You will have all that extra time to spoil that little Baby! looking forward to hearing the news.

    ReplyDelete